On October 19th, Zeric and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Wow!!
I got him a card the size of our garage.. covered in flowers! I had it arrive a few days ahead of time, just in case he was traveling to Papua. Thanks for furlough, I got to keep him for the whole weekend!
(you see these all over Jakarta, mostly for weddings and congrats for restaurant openings)
For the event itself, Zeric planned a surprise.. I was supposed to be ready to go (with an overnight bag!) at 5pm. And kids ready too with their sleepover stuff. We dropped kids for a sleepover at Malvy's, and found ourselves at the very fancy Hotel Mulia. http://www.hotelmulia.com/. Massages were booked, then dinner. We were staying on the 38th floor.. so I saw Jakarta in a way that I hadn't before:
It was really nice to have some time to celebrate, and sleep in!
And here we are.. just as young looking as they day we got married.. now with the added benefit of being able to steal our kids' straw glasses to sip our wine! Wooohooo!!
Cheers to another 50!!
No comments:
Post a Comment