The weather inside reminded us of Jakarta (hot and steamy!) and it was so fun to have the butterflies all around you.. there were so many!
And they had a place where you could see the cocoons in various stages..
and a feeding table
The butterflies were in a greenhouse at the side of the museum, so we didn't have to wait in the three-hour line to get in (phew!). The museum itself is supposed to be spectacular, but we didn't have three hours to wait. We did appreciate it from the outside.
Someone has a sense of humor!
Did I mention that Jaffa and Poppy were fast friends?
(As an emotional side-note, both Jeannie and I were pretty happy that our kids got on as well as they did. I'm sure that we had conversations when we were 14 about how we would be friends even when we were old, and that someday our kids would be best friends too. It was very cool to see it all happen just like we imagined!)
No comments:
Post a Comment