We did it!! Lou, Victoria, Lena and I did 3.5 hours of interpretation (French into English) at the bi-annual parents' meeting at school last night. We had the whole set-up.. booth, headsets, microphone. Wow! It was pretty intense, not helped by the fact that we didn't get most of the materials until 30 minutes before the meeting started. I somehow got assigned to the budget presentations--that was pretty terrible. Not sure what the anglos think is happening with the budget because of what I said, but they've probably been mislead. (Who knows the work for 'forecast' in French??)| view from the booth |
Inutile de hurler, furieux, dans le micro ou
de donner des coups de poing frénétiques sur la vitre de la cabine.
Un appel à l'aide calme et posé est beaucoup plus efficace.
No need to scream furiously into the microphone or
frantically punch on the window of the cabin.
A calm call for help is much more effective.
frantically punch on the window of the cabin.
A calm call for help is much more effective.
| Lou in action, and me ready to take my turn |
No comments:
Post a Comment