Friday, September 2, 2011

Food, part 1 - Chinese

So, most of this week is Eid ul Fitr, which means that for a very few days of the year, there is no one (and no traffic!!) in the city.  We've been exploring a little, and we thought (in Jewish Christmas fashion) that Chinatown would be rockin'.  No such luck.  BUT, we did find that the Imperial Chef was open.  Thanks to our neighbors and friends Emilie, Eric and Elena (the 3 Es), we were able to understand enough of the Chinese/Bahasa menu to get some yummy things onto the table.  My favorite was the fresh green apple juice.  There were some other great things I tried, but I have no idea what they were.

amuses gueles, nuttin' like sweet honey fish

close up on dumpling.. teeeeenie mushroom there

Jaffa's pic of someone else's dinner, peering down from the tank
We had another adventure last night with the 3 Es to an Indonesian restau that didn't work out as well.. suffice it to say that after beating away swarms of mosquitos, I was cleaning up the floor shortly after we got home.  Poor Jaf's belly.  Tho she woke up this morning declaring, "I'm feeling much better today!"

2 comments:

  1. I love Zoey's blog. I feel like I am reliving yesterday all over! And clearly, Jaffa has budding photographic talent. I nominate the next post to be menu items from this week on our table, including this weeks prawns with sweet peas and orange zested wine sauce over bottle-rolled pasta, john dory fillet in cococut milk curry, and stir-fried shrimp and veggies... not to mention the squid pallea that we are going to make tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! So excited to see you here and hear all of your adventures! Can't wait to see and read more! :)

    ReplyDelete