 |
| coffee table - cross-section of a tree trunk, probably 7 feet in diameter at its widest |
In fine trailing spouse form, I spent a good part of the day today out with ladies going through furniture stores in Ciputat. I didn't buy anything.. yet. But this is definitely the place to be if you like wood. They do everything--modern, traditional, new wave, Dutch colonial (completely with finials, cane weaving, and Delft tile), Chinese influenced. And lots of things made out of pieces of wood from trees that were soooo big that they shouldn't have been cut down.
 |
So I was planning for a new headboard,
but heck, why not a 4-poster with a roof? |
Some shops had beautiful layouts and AC, others had furniture stacked all over the place.. it was a good time, and nice to get some exposure to what's out there. Our house is furnished, so we can take our time finding the right pieces. That was my mantra today, each time I went reaching for my wallet: we can take our time... we can take our time... Besides, Mom will be here soon and I'll of course have to go shopping with her!
The other thing that kept me from spending was learning that shipping between islands is fast, cheap, and reliable. So I'll wait and go get the perfect pieces from their sources!
 |
| how many Dutch bottoms sat here? |
 |
| I need him for our front porch |
 |
| please park your frog here |
Oh, and I will be starting my stone Ganesh collection very soon..
No comments:
Post a Comment