Love Day!! We started by having chocolate heart cookies and pink heart rice krispie treats for breakfast
. We agreed that it was an excellent way to begin the day. I was informed that this is now our tradition given that--according to Jaffa and Eben--I was responsible for starting it last year. Last year, I was a better mom and made apricot and raspberry jam cream cheese cookies.. FAR healthier than this year's selection. Eben was quite annoyed when he heard there were no jam cookies, but then perked up when he heard the word "chocolate".
Once the kids got out of school where the French had no clue what day it was... so much so that I was forbidden to bring cupcakes (what?!? nevermind, don't go there)... we spent the afternoon finishing our valentines. Then I made heart-shaped ravioli for dinner of course! It was stuffed with homemade ricotta, parmesan, sour cream, a little nutmeg.. and served with a simple tomato sauce and asparagus (formerly a staple and now a delicacy given the availability and price of it here).
With that and more of the morning's treats (add fresh strawberries), I had some very satisfied lovebugs!!
PS - Did I mention all of the fabulous peeps we have been enjoying?? Never saw strawberry-flavored dipped in chocolate before. Yeeehaw! Thanks our fellow peeps lovers :)))
No comments:
Post a Comment