Monday, June 27, 2016

Sapeurs on our street

And.... other things you find on the road.  Sapeurs!  Jacket and bowtie matching.. Zeric couldn't resist getting out of the car for a picture.  Stay tuned about Zeric's wardrobe as I've found a good tailor.

Tirzah was just telling me about a show she saw about sapeurs and they talked about eco-sapeurs.  I have to check into that.  My experience thus far in Kin hasn't really been about eco.. burning trash, plastic bags stuck in trees, open sewers.. yes.  Eco? Maybe it means something else.  BUT I did learn from someone that the sapeur movement was born from the intense need to make fun of the evolues.  So, the evolues ("evolved people") were people who the Belgians were grooming to take over when they left.  They thought that they were so fancy pants that the sapeurs decided to one-up them and go over the top.  At least that's how the story goes.  I will verify and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment