While Jaffa was in London (more on that shortly), Eben and I took a Sunday bike ride to the beach.
I had just gotten the fabulous (Dutch touring) bike I ordered about two months ago,
and it was a beautiful day!
It's only about a 20 minute ride from our house to the beach but with a long, gradual uphill to make you feel like you're earned the snacks on the other side. Which was really why we went. We started with friets (French fries, but Dutch really given the amount of mayo that comes with them. And note that Dutch mayo is different from the mayo you know if you are not Dutch. More on that later too.)
After some time smelling the air and watching people (and eating fries), we moved on to ice cream. As far as I can tell so far, Dutch dairy products have a significantly higher fat percentage than the ones we know from other places. The ice cream doubled as lip balm.




Another place I need to visit!
ReplyDelete