I've gotten into a habit. It's not that I don't like tropical fruit and vegetables, or that I mind paying a little more for imported things every once in awhile. But I really do miss farmers markets, and Europe has great ones. Of course, I have to get things we haven't eaten in awhile... and we do have suitcases to bring things back, so... why not? This trip, we bit the farmers market the say before we left and had lots of brussel sprouts and cheese and figs in our bags. (The most recent trip to Paris, I upped my game and came home with white and green asparagus, and fresh oysters!)
Anyway, we went to the farmers market, bought olives and dried fruit from the Moroccan guys.. and then sooooooo much fennel and leeks that we cooked it for the rest of the time we were in Lausanne!
No comments:
Post a Comment