Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas holidays in Jakarta

 
We are very, very lucky to be in the tropics.  Nevermind that EVERYTHING grows at warped speed.. plants and bacteria alike.  There is no "I have to pee" once the coat, hat, scarf, boots, and mittens are on. But, it's true too that we miss cold weather in which to have a proper Christmas dinner.  Alas, we are not yet Australians.

Here's one that freaks me out.. dead trees, spray painted silver, hung with cotton balls, and strung with white lights. There's something about it that's just wrong.  What was rather fun was the Lego display at the closest mall:

Eiffel Tower!
 
love the chickens pulling Santa
 
and the dogs with reindeer ears :)

 
Raiding the stockings!!
 
Look what I got for Christmas!!!
 
Christmas cuties!! (nevermind the no-pants!)

happy man amidst LOADS of presents

happy dog with pig tail
 

...and finally, my first attempt at pannetone.. Zeric and Jaffa say it was AWESOME :))  Next year, I might be able to get it made for Christmas morning -- rather than the morning after Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment