Thursday, December 20, 2012

Xmas lists and Santa

As you know, many toys come with mini-catalogs of all of the other toys you can wish for.  This is especially true for Legos and Littlest Pet Shops.  So, for the last several months, everytime Jaffa or Eben bring me a catalog to show me what they want, I ask them to write down the number of the thing that the want (it's great as we're learning to write our numbers correctly.. my little southpaws tend to write in mirror).  The result?  PAGES of numbers!


They also wrote letters to Santa.. Jaffa asked for a couple of specific things, then wrote, "and sum sapriziz" (sound it out.. sur pri ses!  me too.. I want surprises). She helped Eben with his letters when he was writing his letter.. it was super cute. I'm still not sure about that toy washing machine, though.. so that he can wash Jaffa's doll's clothes??  Sounds suspicious..

 Isabelle, their French tutor, asked Eben to draw his wish list, so here's what we got:

Check out the dragon!!  and the ninja!!

And so what does any self-respecting Jewish mother do with all of this?  Take it all to see Santa!!  He was a really nice guy.. and seemed to be having fun reading their letters with them--and of course getting full explanations of each item listed.

We'll have to see what Santa ends up bringing..
I do happen to know that a trip to Bali will be in my stocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment